Self-catering with 1 unit, £550 to £750 pupw sleeps 2
Quality cottage situated on a working farm in the Essex Countryside. Sleeping 2, this cottage is ideal for couples looking for a short break or holiday in the countryside.
This one bedroom barn conversion, with its vaulted ceilings and exposed beams, is situated on the family run arable farm in the village of Felsted, in rural North-West Essex.
The self-catering cottage has a large open plan lounge and dining area, fully fitted kitchen, bathroom with bath and separate shower, garden, courtyard and parking. The spacious bedroom sleeps 2 people in a king-sized double bed and a single bed or cot can be added on request.
The Lodge is convenient for access to Stansted Airport, Camridge, Saffron Walden with Audley End House, London and the coasts of Essex and Suffolk, either by car or train from Chelmsford or Braintree.
North Essex has many picturesque villages for you to explore including Thaxted, Finchingfield, Great Bardfield and Dedham with Flatford Mill in Constable country.
National Trust properties nearby include Hatfield Forest, Paycocke’s House, Wimpole Hall and Home Farm, and Anglesey Abbey. The Flitch Way, a country park which runs through 15 miles of countryside along the former Bishop’s Stortford to Braintree railway, passes through the farm; this is great for walking and cycling. Great Notley Country Park is easily accessible from the Flitch Way.
Short breaks with a minimum stay of 3 nights are available, please ask for details. For more information, please see www.felstedholidaycottages.co.uk
The Lodge Facilities
- Children welcome
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Building of historical interest
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Microwave cooker
- Linen provided
- WiFi or internet access
- DVD player
- Real log/coal fires
- Drying facilities
- Washing machine
Cycle storage available. Children welcome from any age
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Single unit properties:
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Parking for Multiple unit properties:
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Toilet and bathroom
- One or more bedrooms
- Dining room
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Steps to the main entrance:
1 Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance is well lit
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bedrooms available with no fitted carpets
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower